Physics & Astronomy
Northeastern Illinois University
EXCELLENCE · ACCESS · DIVERSITY · COMMUNITY
News & Events
- Dr. Srinivas promoted to the rank of Professor and recipient of a Teaching Professional/Resource Professional Excellence Award for 2012-2013.
Congratulations to Dr. Sudha Srinivas
for her promotion to the rank of professor and Teaching Professional/Resource Professional Award.
- Dr. Acioli has received a SCSE award to conduct research in Summer 2014.
Congratulations to Dr. Paulo Acioli
being awarded a Student Center for Science Engagement (SCSE) summer research grant entitled
MOLECULAR DYNAMICS STUDY OF THE REACTION OF CARBON MONOXIDE WITH
SMALL SILVER CLUSTERS. This proposal includes the following physics majors: Cesar Bustos,
David Capota, John Gonzalez, and Bilguun Woods.
- Dr. Dolan awarded a Teaching Professional/Resource Professional Award
Dr. Paul Dolan
for his Teaching Professional/Resource Professional Award for the Accomplishments in 2011-2012.
- Article Featured on the Cover of The European Physics Journal D
The article entitled An exploration of the
potential energy surface of the seven atom silver cluster and a carbon monoxide ligand"
by Paulo H. Acioli , Steve Burkland,
and Sudha Srinivas was featured on the cover of
the August 2012 issue of the European Physics Journal D.
- Dr. Anderson Promoted to the rank of Professor
Congratulations to Dr. Gregory Anderson
for his promotion to the rank of professor.
- New SPS Officers Elected for 2013-2014
The NEIU Chapter of the
Society of Physics Students
has elected new officers. Congratulations to
President Bryan Loeding,
Vice President Tom McLaughlin,
Treasurer Max Hansen, and
Secretary Caroline Williams.